Journey to fitness & my love for crossfit




Hi!!!
Happy Monday everyone!

Today I wanted to share with you my fitness plans with you.
I have always been active but it was just a couple of years ago when I really found an interest in fitness and health overall.

When I was 4 years old my mom enrolled my in ballet classes. Little did she know that it would become one of my greatest passions in life. I danced ballet until I was 18 years old. When I moved from Mexico to Texas I had a hard time finding a ballet academy that I liked, and long story short, I decided to quit ballet. This I regret almost everyday. After that my workouts consisted of regular gym session, sticking only to the cardio section. 

A little over two years ago, after weeks of hearing my boyfriend go on and on about crossfit I decided to give it a go. I had never lifted weights before so I have to admit I was a little scared - I really had no idea what to expect. To take the edge of I bought myself a nice workout outfit (cause shopping always helps with our problems right? haha) and off I went to my first class.

Day 1 - I was hooked.

I loved it since the beginning. Part of my problem when I would go to the gym was the fact that I would get bored and just stop or would never really pushed myself. Here it was a different workout every day mixed in with competition, a fast pace and the fun of working out with friends. I fell in love also with the environment... if you want to meet new people and make new friends then join now cause that's part of what you will get!

I hear a lot of people going on about how dangerous and unhealthy crossfit is.... to them I say: do you even work out? try it before you say anything about it. Just like anything in life.
It really is for everyone; I have seen people of all ages, fitness levels, body types improve so much with crossfit. There are no weak or loser individuals here. It is the only sport where the last person to finish gets cheered on the most. Every day is a challenge and a competition, but not in a scaring way, but in a way were you can see your progress so clearly. 

I invite you all to try it! My problem areas are really my legs, and crossfit has been the ONLY thing that has helped me tone and slim them down. So if this is your problem as well I say to you:
JOIN NOW! Trust me you will love it.

So this year here are my plans:

*Start eating clean not only during the week but during the weekend as well.
*Register for the crossfit open 2015 and kick ass
*attempt a muscle up 
*start running more - I want to focus on toning my legs more so I can wear shorts and feel completely comfortable with how I look.
*before the end of the year get to the point were I can wear shorts to workouts and feel comfortable. Right now I only wear leggings. I could wear shorts but I just feel wobbly haha.

These are my plans! I will keep you posted with my progress.

Have a wonderful week and let me know if you try crossfit!!!

AB















Leave a Comment

Post a Comment