The Big Easy




Hi!!
And so a new week begins.... wait... a new MONTH! 
I can't believe it is February! 

Where did January go?! I feel like I just came back from Christmas break. I just hate when time goes by so fast. Plus my bday is coming up and I just get weird lately instead of excited.... 
wrinkles stay away!!

This weekend I did a little cleaning and organizing and realized I had so many makeup samples! Truth is, if the samples are small I tend to never reach for them. I like the cute samples that look like the actual product but a mini version... they work great for when you are carrying a small handbag or when you travel. The tiny samples on the other hand just seem to accumulate in the drawer. So, in  an effort to try new things (and maybe find the fountain of youth-makeup) I decided to try the Benefit's Big Easy Foundation sample. 

The Big Easy Foundation is supposed to balance moisture and control oil, which in theory would be the perfect foundation for my since I have dry/combination skin. This makes it sooo hard for me to find a good foundation I like that doesn't feel dry, looks cakey and that does not make me oily and shiny. This foundation also claims to self-adjusts to skin tone and perfect with a powder-finish. It also has SPF 35 which is very nice and necessary. 

When I first applied the foundation it felt thick and I immediately thought it was going to be really oily and that it would make me shiny really quick. It took a bit long in my opinion to blend it out completely but I think this was because unfortunately the shade was a little too dark for me. The coverage is light/medium. I have to say I was surprised; at the end if the day my skin still looked great and I was not oily or too shiny like I had expected. I had a very busy day and never reapplied makeup or powder throughout the day and still looked good and with enough coverage. Even though I still like the foundation I use now more, I think this foundation is a great option for a person who likes light/medium foundation and has dry/combination skin. You still need powder to set it but overall I like the foundation. I want to try it in a shade that goes better with my skin tone. 

This reminded me how important it is to try new things.... you never know, maybe you find a new favorite, a better option or something to incorporate to your makeup routine. The foundation I use everyday is more high-end and pricey so I'm looking for a more affordable option to incorporate to my makeup bag for days when I want to use foundation but its for a more casual/active day, like going to the beach or a day by the pool, when you want to look your best but maybe feel like your makeup would be wasted in a way. Is it just me that feels this way? Maybe this makes no sense to you all but this will be added to my makeup bag for my "active/casual" days haha.

Have a fabulous day and let's enjoy February by trying new things!

AB



Leave a Comment

Post a Comment