Back to school OOTD




Hi!!!!
I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far. Me... I'm still trying to get used to my routine again after the Christmas break. But I better get used to it again and soon because today....
I GO BACK TO SCHOOL!

I graduated from college in May 2012 and told myself I would give myself a year before starting my masters degree. Well, that one year turned into two and a half. I have no idea how, time just flew by! There is never enough time to do things don't you think?! Personally I think days should last 48 hours hahaha. So, finally, today I am going back. Since I work full-time I will take it a little slower. I am a person who actually enjoys school (yes, I am a nerd); I have no problem with studying but I fear that sitting in a classroom from 6:00 - 9:00 pm after working all day will be hard; I think some extra cups of coffee will be needed. I already drink a lot of coffee so we'll see how that goes- can you overdose on caffeine? I'm pretty sure you can right?

My undergrad was in fashion merchandising with a minor in marketing and a minor in business. I will now be pursuing an MA in Communication Arts. I really enjoy writing, that's one of the main reason why I chose this program. PR, marketing, advertising and event management are my forte and I have plenty of experience in it so I think this program will complement this experience well. 

Of course such a day like today calls for a great outfit. I wanted something comfortable, classy and chic. I don't know if I nailed it but I liked my overall look. 
I decided to go for a very puffy, black and white striped skirt, a classic long sleeve black shirt, opaque black tights, a simple winter white coat and my new French Connection heels. These heels are so comfortable for a long day but when you still want to be stylish. I am so glad pointy heels are back. I think they can add so much to a look. 
For accessories I decided to wear my chunky gold necklace (which I wear so much), a sparkly crossed ring, my everyday pearl ring (almost never go without it), a Kate Spade creme and gold bangle with a bow, and finally my bow from Kate Spade.

For my makeup I went with a classic look: black cat eyeliner and red lips. I think that when you are wearing a classic , almost all black outfit, you can never go wrong with this look. I has done my nails in black a couple days before so it worked out perfectly. 

Now all is need is a pretty pen, a gorgeous notebook....
 and maybe a new handbag (hahaha always an excuse) 

I will let you know how my first day goes!
Wish me luck!

AB


















Leave a Comment

  1. That is such a lovely outfit and I hope everything goes great with school too! x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete