Bombshell Eyes




Hi!!!
I have a little product review for you today. 
I went grocery shopping during the weekend and of course I had to stop by the makeup section. I really believe that it is better to invest in one good quality makeup item than in 10 items of lesser or bad quality. Even though I have this little rule, the beauty section at the grocery store or drugstore is just so tempting! There is something about it... I feel like I want to try everything and buy everything. I have to remind myself of my little rule very often; even so, every now and then I end up buying something, just to try out. This weekend I left HEB with this 'Bombshell in a Box" kit by Covergirl. I was running low on mascara so I though "oh why not just try it".

This Bombshell in a Box kit was a limited edition for the holidays but there were still several left at the store. It includes the Bombshell Volume Mascara, the Bombshell Intensity Liner (both in "very Black) and the Bombshell Shineshadow in color 325, which is a brown/golden/shimmery shade. 

As soon as I got home I had to try all this right away. I'm like a kid with toys when it comes to makeup. I decided to follow the directions on the box to get the "bombshell look" this kit is supposed to deliver. I started by applying a thin layer of the Shineshadow on my lid. I used my finger to blend it out really trying to build up the color a little more on my crease. Here is a little sample of what the color looks like. I wanted to show you guys how it looks as you build up the color. 

 

Overall I liked the color. It is a very nice go-to-color and it would be great for those days when you are on the go and don't really have a lot of time to do your makeup.  I do have to say that it was very hard to get the liner to go on top of the cream eye shadow; maybe I should have waited a little longer for the eye shadow to dry so keep that in mind when applying it. 

Next I used the Intense Liner to line my eyelashes. I flicked the end to achieve a cat-eye look and makes my eyelashes look bigger. I didn't go for a very thick line because it was still early in the day and I wanted a day look. The liner has a good tip and it helps with creating an eve line but it was not as dark or intense as I like my liquid liners to be. If you are just starting to experiment with this type of eyeliners or with really just creating that thick cat-eye line this is a good product to practice with. As I mentioned, it was hard to put the liner on top of the cream eye shadow; it would work a lot better with regular eye shadows. 


Lastly I used the Bombshell Volume Mascara; this is a two-step mascara. Step one is supposed to give lots of volume. It it a thick plastic applicator, but not big enough that you get mascara all over the eyelid. I liked how it separated my eyelashes and it really did make them look long. 
Step two is like a finishing coat that adds black and seals them in to make them last all day. I have to say they really did last all day. I had no flakes throughout the day, which I usually have cause I tend to rub my eyes. It doesn't say it in the box but the step two almost makes them a little waterproof. The only thing I didn't love about this mascara was the fact that you can't really build it up to get really thick eyelashes and that you need oil-based makeup remover. Overall I was very happy with the mascara, I think it is a great budget-friendly option. I go through mascara so fast that I was happy to find an option that is more affordable but still with the results I want. 





Here is the final look:



Pardon my eyebrows.... I want to go for a thicker-brow look and they are still growing. I will get them shaped soon.. promise! I hope you enjoy this product review and that it inspires you to try out new things! :)

AB





Leave a Comment

Post a Comment