My Blown Beautiful Experience




Hi!!!
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Yesterday was my birthday! So I am happy to report my weekend was wonderful :)
I will write a post about what I actually did on my birthday and show you some pictures but today I wanted to share with you my first experience at a blow dry bar. 

I have seen so many of these blow dry bars open all over town and have seen so many bloggers and beauty/fashion lovers checking them out that I decided I had to go investigate one of this salons myself. I booked an appointment at Blown Beautiful. They have two locations in San Antonio; I decided to go to the one in Alamo Heights. Saturday night I had  plans to go out with some friends to celebrate my birthday. I thought it was the perfect day for pampering and for big, extra pretty hair! I have to admit I was so excited about this appointment.

When I got to the salon it was pretty quiet; it was only me and another lady getting her hair done, which I liked. I don't like when the salon is super packed and everyone is just running around. First step was shampoo. My stylist did a little massage when she was shampooing and conditioning, which was very nice. After that she offered a deep conditioning treatment but I decided not to do it that day. When she was done we went over to her station. I told her I just wanted a simple haircut; I wanted to keep my hair long but cut enough to get rid of the split ends and make it look healthier. She was pretty quick I have to say. I really liked that she took the time to go over some pictures in magazines to make sure she knew exactly what I wanted. 

Step 3 was a the blow dry. I had requested the shampoo+cut+signature blow dry package. I usually blow dry my hair and curl it  to achieve a wavy look and this is what I wanted that day as well; I was surprised the signature blow dry did not include curling. I had to pay $10 extra for her to curl my hair. The blow dry was ok but the curling I have to say I was not a fan of. It was just too curly and too "made up". I like my hair to look natural and flowy and this looked just like too much hairspray and  a little up-do-ish (if that makes any sense). What I really did not like was the way she did the front of my hair but I always hate how they style it at any salon;I usually have to fix it when I get home. 

The overall look was ok. I was happy with it but I was not impressed. I think I could have done the exact same or better myself at home. The haircut was good; she did a good job capturing the length and style I wanted but again, nothing special. I think I like the way my regular stylist cuts it better. 

My honest opinion is this: 
If you are feeling lazy one day or just feel like having a pampering day - do it. It's fun and relaxing and hey, who doesn't like to get their hair done right? But really if you know how to style your hair and you are good at it I really don't see the point. Why pay $35ish dollars for a look that you can achieve by yourself! Now... if you don't know how to style your hair or you are just no good at it then yeah, definitely its a good option for you! I have some friends that just do not know how to style their hair and I would recommend these salons for them.
 They also offer up-dos and braids; I am not a fan of up-dos but I definitely want to go and let them try a nice braid on my hair. I will let you know how that goes. 

Have you liked these blow dry bars?

AB


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment