My Birthday




Hi!!
Birthdays are the one time a year when cake, chocolate and macaroons have no calories.
 It's the day when you get to choose exactly what you want to do, and you get to be the queen (or king) for the day.
The day when you can wear exactly what you want no matter where you are or what you are doing. Hey, if you want to wear a sparkly dress all day during your bday, even if its just to go get a burger, go for it. I would. 
It's also important to remember to take some time and think about your life. Think about the blessings you have received, the choices you have made, and the pat you find yourself in. Where are your headed? Are you happy? What can you change that would improve your life?
Sure, it is great to received gifts and get lost in the material things birthdays bring us, but birthdays should also be a day when we reflect on our life, give thanks for what we have, and adjust depending on what we want to do with our lives. 
Last year when I turned 25 I was a little bit sad. I thought "wow 25" that's very close to 30, but after a couple days that feeling faded. This year, as I turn 26 I don't find myself depressed, I find myself terrified! 30 feels like its just around the corner! There is so much I want to do and I feel there is just not enough time. For example, I have no plans to get married soon, but even that is putting a little bit of pressure I have to admit. Am I expected to get married before I turn 30? What if I don't get married before 30? Just thinking about all the things I want to accomplish, things I feel I am expected to do and things I feel I still have to experience just freak me out. 
Time just seems to fly and I guess what scares me the most is that it might just slip away. Having a crazy schedule, dealing with daily life sometimes makes you forget the important things, and you end up worrying about all the wrong things, wasting time and just letting it slip away. 
This year I want to focus on what I want to do with my life and make sure I am in the right path. I know it won't happen in a few days, it is a process, but this year I want to have the right attitude, remembering that time is precious and every minute is unique. Not one minute in our lives has a replacement; they all have an expiration date and when those 60 seconds are over, that minute s gone forever. 

Anyway.... after this little ramble, to lift up the spirits, I want to share my birthday outfit. 
My birthday started with a French theme breakfast which my adorable and loving mom surprised me with., She decorated everything and had the most adorable breakfast table ready for when I woke up. I was filled with croissants, truffles, macaroons, mimosas and cake!
After that delicious start to my day we went to a little town called Gruene, about 45 minutes away from San Antonio. We walked around the cute little shops and had lunch at the Gristmill restaurant by the river, where they have some amazing BBQ ribs!!!
I wanted to wear something very girly but comfortable for walking around the town.
her's what I wore:

AB







Leave a Comment

Post a Comment